Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!! I promised I would bring you some wonderful recipes so here is my extra special GLUTEN FREE THIN MINT COOKIES recipe! These are my absolute favorite cookies and they are super fun to make. I wanted to bring you a recipe that whether you’re single or in a relationship you can feel loved and satisfied with these yummy cookies! I truly hope you have a magnificent day full of laughter, joy, and LOVE! To quote my absolute favorite movie, Moulin Rouge, “The great thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” I hope these cookies can warm your bellies and add a little more love to your life!! xo
Check out my YouTube video with my step by step process on how to make these bad boys! I hope this can help you if you have any questions. Please Subscribe!!!! & Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEsLZqb1xv4&t=4s
***You can make these with normal flour too! I just do GF because our family eats Gluten Free!
Please note, I always try to make things as “healthy” as I can. In this case, I removed some of the “not so nice ingredients” and had to make peace with some others. In the original recipe it called for margarine and a whole additional cup of corn sugar - two ingredients I don’t like! So I changed it! I realize that some may still like to eliminate butter or sugar altogether, which you are more than free to! This recipe can be altered even more, but I didn’t want to sacrifice the taste. Without doing that, I made the healthiest cookies I could with keeping ALL the flavor. Here is the recipe below and under it I will include the link to the products I used!! xo
· ¾ cup of organic sea salted butter, softened
· 1 cup of organic coconut sugar
· 1 organic egg
· 1 teaspoon mint extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
· 1 ¼ cups of 1 to 1 baking flour (gluten free)
· ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
· 1 bag of chocolate chips
· 1 teaspoons of coconut oil
· 3 teaspoons of mint extract
1. In a large bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter until creamy. Add the sugar, and beat until mixed well. 2. Beat in egg, mint, and vanilla extract.Mix together baking powder, salt, flour, and cocoa together into a small bowl.
3. Add flour mixture bit my bit into creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Sprinkle flour on parchment paper.
4. Roll out the dough on parchment to about a ¼” thickness.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour. This step is *NOT* optional! SERIOUSLY!
6. When ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut into circles and transfer to a prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes (until cookies appear soft). Remember to flip cookies halfway (6 minutes) through the bake time.
a. Side note: if they look “broken” don’t fret, when they cool completely they stay together!
9. After they COOL you can put them into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or overnight). You don’t have to do this but just make sure they are truly cool!!! This allows them to harden enough to not crumble when dipping in the chocolate!
10. When you’re ready, make the cookie topping! Mix together chocolate and oil using a double boiler (A pot ¾ full of water warmed with a bowl on top of it). Once the oil is melted, add the peppermint extract and chocolate chips. Mix very well.
11. Dip each cooled cookie completely into the chocolate and use tongs to lift out. Return to baking sheet and chill in refrigerator to help the chocolate set.
12. Keep cookies in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy!
HAPPY HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel!!! xo
Butter: Vital Farms Sea Salted Butter
Eggs: Vital Farms Pasture Raised Eggs